The Global Risks Network
MMC partners with other leading organizations to offer a concise overview of the global risks facing the world in 2006 and beyond
The Global Risks Network is a program in which MMC, led by a team from Mercer Oliver Wyman, has been working in collaboration with the World Economic Forum, Merrill Lynch, and Swiss Re, in association with the Risk Management and Decision Processes Center of the Wharton School at the University of Pennsylvania, on the topic of global risks.
The purpose of this collaboration is to:
- identify and assess current and emerging global risks in the 2006 and 2015 time horizons;
- study the links between them and to assess their likely effect on different markets and industries; and
- advance the thinking around more effective mitigation of global risks.
The Global Risks Network has produced The Global Risks Report 2006, which summarizes the output of the collaboration. Released at the World Economic Forum Annual Meeting in Davos, Switzerland, the report provides a concise overview of the global risks facing the world in 2006 and beyond, and outlines the pillars of a proactive risk mitigation agenda.
MMC businesses are in a unique situation to work with clients in mitigating the impacts of risk from a strategic, financial, operational and tactical perspective.
Download The Global Risks Report 2006
Preparing for the 2006 Hurricane Season
With hurricane trackers predicting an above-average storm season in 2006, experts are urging anyone who lives, works, or owns property or a business in an area subject to hurricanes to take action well ahead of time to be ready in the event a storm should hit. Marsh, the risk and insurance subsidiary of MMC, has developed a number of tools and resources to help organizations prepare for the hurricane season, including a hurricane preparedness and response checklist and an ongoing series of hurricane preparedness newsletters. To access these resources, as well as a replay of the recent Marsh New Reality of Risk audio conference featuring an expert panel discussion on hurricane preparedness, visit the hurricane preparedness section of Marsh's website, which is located here: http://global.marsh.com/risk/hurricanes/hurricanes/.
Natural Disasters: The Reinsurance Perspective
Four steps you must take now to avoid 'big wind' in 2006
In this article from Reinsurance magazine, Ryan Ogaard, Guy Carpenter
managing director and global leader of the firm's Instrat unit, explains
how insurance companies can keep ahead of capitalization issues given the
increasing frequency of hurricanes and other natural disasters.
Number 1, 2006
PDF of the entire issue
- Why Wait for a Burning Platform to Change? by Bruce Carnegie-Brown, Marsh.
- Delivering the Brand Promise Through Employees by Philippe Lebard, Kim Rendleman, and Kathy Dolan, Lippincott Mercer.
- Identity Theft: How Companies and Consumers Can Protect Themselves by Alan Brill, Kroll Ontrack, and Troy Allen, Kroll Background America.
- The Impact and Aftermath of Hurricanes Katrina and Rita: Excerpted from the Marsh white paper of the same title.
- Organizing for Growth: Architecting the Organization to Support Enterprise Growth by David A. Nadler, Roselinde Torres, and William A. Pasmore, Mercer Delta.
Number 2, 2006
PDF of the entire issue