Guillaume Thibault is a Partner at Oliver Wyman, based in Paris. He has been within the firm for 13 years. He is an expert in Strategy, Offer design and Launch of new business lines. His industry expertise includes Transportation & Services, Automotive & Manufacturing industries. Over the latest years, he focused on the analysis & deployment of disruptive digital business models in mobility, professional services and defense.
Guillaume’s experience includes:
- Mega-development project in the Middle-East (vision and strategy definition, master planning process coordination, overall program management), representing an investment size of $10B.
- +10 projects on the drone markets (professional, prosumer, leisure) both for OEM (commercial & military), operators (utilities & transportation companies) and software companies (geolocation, data treatment).
- Design of 2025 business ambition of a major aerospace leader, including identification of value-creation levers and transformational roadmap.
- Design, engineering and structuration of the 2025 Transformation program of a leading group in industrial gases.
- Design of a vision of the railway system of the future for a leading European railway operator
- For a European railway operator, organization and follow-up of negotiations with a strategic partner in order to create a jointventure on a key market. Preparation of the ramp up strategy and definition of the distribution IT architecture.
- For a leading distributor of railway products, elaboration of the 5 year strategic plan and identification of acquisition targets.
- Major PMI in the public transportation sector, including definition of to-be strategy, organization and management principles, identification of +70M$ synergies (purchasing, operational performance).
- For a leading B2B operator, redesign and optimization of marketing organization
- Diversification strategy for a leading B2B services provider experiencing market decline on its core activities.
- Structuration of the Commercial transformation program of a world-leading building materials operator.
- Strategic plan of a leading e-commerce actor in the travel industry.
- Strategic due-diligences (buy-side), in B2B and environmental services in Europe.
Guillaume authored several studies on Global trends in services and Digitalization. He also has a special interest in the development of solutions in industrial environments. He published a book titled What industrial strategy in the globalization?
Prior to joining Oliver Wyman, Guillaume had previous experience with Merrill Lynch and Forrester Research. He has degree from ESSEC Business School and Sciences-Po Paris. His mother tongue is French and speaks fluent English.